Maintaining the cleanliness of your restaurant to keep it in its perfect condition is one of the essential factors to drive your sales as a restaurant owner. It should be both from customers and diners, as well as for employees who work there every day. The use of food makes it essential that hygiene is a fundamental aspect of any restaurant’s establishment.
Hygiene in your institution will allow you to keep ingredients and raw materials in the best conditions. It is also useful in avoiding food poisoning, salmonellosis, etc. Poor cleaning in your restaurant can cause the accumulation of bacteria, with the risk of being a source of infection for employees and workers.
The kitchen and the dining room are the two most visible spaces and where cleaning is done. There are other rooms that we also have to take into account. This represents the toilets of the restaurant, warehouses, the bar area, etc. There are different ways to clean a restaurant cleaning.
This processing area requires thorough cleaning. At the end of each meal service (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), it is necessary to clean the utensils, area, and machinery used. This is the case of knives, irons, and grills, skimmers, blenders, used appliances, cutting boards, stoves, ovens, etc. When the day ends, thorough cleaning of floors, walls that have been splashed, along with different surfaces of kitchen equipment will be done – all using bactericidal products.
- Dirty dishes can be an obstacle to employee manoeuvrability, as well as a source of contamination and poor hygiene image. It is appropriate to have a dishwasher in the bar area for glasses and other glassware. While in the kitchen, a separate dishwasher is needed of greater or lesser capacity depending on the workflow.
- The cleaning of fume extractors of grills, vents, etc., in the kitchen, are fundamental aspects of restaurant cleaning. We recommend Go Green Cleaning for these surfaces as they have cleaning processes according to the manufacturing material of each area.
- It is also important to empty refrigeration and freezing chambers, refrigerators, cabinets, and bunkers. This action will also help us to analyze if any of the products are in poor condition and should be removed.
- The freezing machinery must be defrosted every so often, for thorough disinfection. Do not forget the periodic emptying of fryers.
The Bathrooms in the Restaurants
The bathrooms of a restaurant have to be sanitized at a time when there is less public influx – to maintain toilets in a shiny state, to avoid bad odours, and dirty and sticky floors, and so on. When to do these tasks in the bathrooms? At least twice a day, depending on the number of people entering and leaving.
For the disinfection of the bathrooms, use the appropriate chemicals, performing a deep cleaning of toilets, mirrors, glass, etc. The floor of the bathrooms needs to be thoroughly cleaned.
Like other areas, the bar has to be disinfected, at least once a day, before closing the restaurant. Bar shelves, showcases, glasses, bottles, cash register, coffee maker, etc. Everything has to be cleaned for the next day. Nor can we forget to empty shelves and showcase of the bar to sanitize the area and the objects that were placed there, such as glasses, bottles, or cash register.
The Terrace and Room
When all the customers have left, it is time to sanitize these two areas. We have to sweep in-depth and scrub every corner, with disinfectant products for soil, bleach, etc. We must assemble all the furniture before cleaning the room and the terrace. If the chairs and tables are stackable (especially on the garden), it is best to group them to clear the passage and cleaning space.
In the warehouse, everything has to be well placed. In order to find the ingredients and raw materials as soon as possible, identify expired products, and carry out an adequate flow of supplies in and out. On the other hand, arranging the contents of the warehouse will be used to clean and sanitize every corner, removing the accumulated dust, etc.
Many of the waste generated in the activity of our food businesses have a flammable character. This is the case of greases, cleaning chemicals that are on the surface of tables, machinery, etc. If these remains make contact with fire, the risk of fire is evident. We recommend you to allocate a part of your budget to hire the Go Green cleaning services.
Quick Green Cleaning Tricks For Restaurants
- Food that needs to be frozen or that has been vacuum packed must be well-labeled with the date of packaging and its components.
- The cleaning products we use must be well labelled to avoid confusion.
- Periodic reviews of the appearance of pests will be used to control possible infestations.
- It is advisable to have different clothes and rags in the kitchen to clean the areas, separated one for each task (reviewed, dried, cleaned, etc.).